Getting ready for a big event can be stressful because everyone wants to look their absolute best. Makeup can do wonders, but it can't do it all. Here are my pre-event tips that I highly recommend to boost your pretty.Start practicing these and you'll be glowing in no time.
- Hydrate - And start a week before the event, you won't reap the benefits if you do it the day of. Lemon, cucumbers and mint are great flavorings when you get tired of drinking plain water.
- Nourish - Your skin. Look for a "day of" mask to prep your face before the event. You don't want a mask that is purifying, but one that hydrates or preps before your makeup.
- Eat well - Don't try any crazy diet plans, but stay clear from too much alcohol, caffeine, carbs or sugars. This will lead to less inflammation on your skin and less bags under your eyes. In other words, skip the soda, have a unsweetened green tea. (I've personally visited a popular soda factory once, the ingredients in their were enough to corrode the concrete floor when spilled. Imagine what it's doing to your delicate skin!)
- Before Bed - Make sure you remove all traces of makeup before you go to bed (use makeup wipes!) and be sure to apply a good eye cream every night. Continue your normal regimen.
- Get Mild Exercise - Again, nothing crazy if you don't normally exercise. Just some light stretches and walks. Get that blood flowing!
- A word on Waxing - This is so tricky. Make sure to leave plenty of time for irritations to go down. FYI - Retinols will make your skin burn with wax, so be sure to stop use or tell your wax professional if you are using it.
HOPE THESE TIPS HELP :) What is your favorite Pre-Event Prep Tip?